Friday, 20 December 2013

Stop Motion

Research and produce a still image sequence that when edited functions as simple stop frame animated video sequence for a commercial website.


Research

Luckily enough I have done a lot of research previously on stop frame animation as I was looking at doing one myself a few years ago. 



This is a animation for the brand ASIC, there used origami for this. I thought it was a good idea for me to use at a basic level as I have never done a stop motion before. 




Lego animation a few people have done stop motion with lego, I think this would be a good place to start.




Jigsaw puzzles are also a good idea to use for a stop motion. 


IDEAS
  • Lego
  • Origami
  • Jigsaw


As the brief states, this animation only need to be simple. It’s going to short only seconds. I decided to go with the idea of an animation of making an origami, though at this point I wasn’t sure as to what animal or object I should make. Some origami can be complex and hard to make so I want to go with something easy and able to make. I will set up the camera on a tripod high above a table. With the camera pointing down I’ll make three pieces of the same object together one step at a time. Each piece that is put back I will take a photo, not moving the tripod or camera at all. 
  
I’m happy with the outcome of my small animation. It’s simple and it was my first animation I had done. The animation flows smoothly and at the right pace, each image is at length of 0:30 seconds. When I began to make the origami it moved a lot this wasn’t a massive problem but in some of the frames it shows the massive difference. To put the animation together I used After effects because of the timeframe i then rendered it and if needed to speed or slow the animation in Premiere. 

My stop Motion:



No comments:

Post a Comment